Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day of rest and relaxation

Okay so much for a day of rest and relaxation. My day started out lazy enough with an extra 5 minute stay in bed and a leisurely making of yummy huckleberry pancakes. My mom has just moved into my Grandmothers house which has not been cared for very well in the last 15 years. So I thought, gee, I had better help her with some clearing of overgrown bushes today to help the place look more loved. Of course my brain is asking me if this is what I really want to do on my day of relaxation. Of course the term is loosely used when you are on vacation with a 3 and 5 year old who really have no notion of what letting mommy relax means! Yikes. Since we are in farm country we started with the tools of farmers. Take a look at the photos of our high quality rake and wheelbarrow! Whew! It was a long hot day. Well, at least I can relax with a small glass of wine before we are off to a well deserved home cooked meal in the country.

No comments: